Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Friday

Link to Friday Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/John.Purcell.3rd/HongKongFriday. Note that I appear in some of my pics, thanks to my teammate Aaron. Thanks!

On Friday we had our last meeting; it was an early meeting with a representative of The Economist Economic Intelligence Unit. Great stuff…he basically is a leader in their Asian sales, I think, and had lots of good perspective from that regard. After that, we had our group debriefing for the entire week (we divided into different teams for that), and I though that some of the groups really came up with some excellent “takeaways.” (THERE’S A BUZZWORD)

Seriously, I think everyone on this trip had at least one experience that provided them with great motivation to change or do something differently. Lots of eyes were opened, and those that were already open were perhaps opened farther.

Friday afternoon, we had a tour of HK, and saw Victoria’s Peak, which was nice, had a ride on a sampan, and visited a great market (too bad I was already spent out). The market was outside of the city in a really nice area, and they had some really good stuff.

That night, the entire group ate at a restaurant called the Quarterdeck, which was good. We walked back to the hotel, and that night the group hung out around the hotel, mostly. I actually went up to the room after dinner, where I stayed for a while. Then, I wanted to smoke a cigar (it was around 11 pm) so I went down to see what was happening. People were just getting ready to go out, and I suddenly felt tired and the cigar didn’t mean so much anymore. I went back to the room and went to bed.

Disclosure: I smoked a few great Cubans on this trip. Not sure if I’d mentioned that yet, but I did.

No comments: